Colours CMS gives you the freedom to create visually rich pages with any configuration of text, images, and content blocks. Simply add your content exactly where you want and we'll automatically align them in a perfect grid.
Colours CMS has been on the market since January 2012 and is based on the well-established & popular open source framework CakePHP.
The development has been based on usability experience from CMS development since 2002. Its primary focus is usability, without sacrificing functionality and flexibility.
Colours CMS 2.0, released in 2014, improved in key areas such as adding full-fledged RESTful API support, fully supporting industry standards for integrating with other systems and API's.
Key design goals:
- Built as platform from the start
- Complete separation of Content and Presentation
- Support shared and single customer hosting
- Support portal sites with cross publishing and content sharing
- Configurable on the customer level
- Optional plugins for all non-core functionality
- Unit tests for key functions
- ACID compliant database writes using InnoDB tables with transactions
- Extensive logging of editor activity
- All content is preserved in it's orginal state and adapted transparently when needed
- Lightweight core
- Plugins loaded on demand
- Images are cached in optimal sizes rendered from the originals
- Uses JSON for client-server communication when possible
- Optimized for hosting on AWS EC2
- Single code-base
- Common code implemented as Behaviors, Components & Helpers
- Site implementation requires only the files that differ from the default
For more information:
Helge BrakstadSenior advisor
55 33 37 58